The first tab looks like a covered serving dish, and it is there that you will find the public recipes posted by other users to share with everyone. We hope you’ll chose to share the recipes you post publicly, too! (We’ll update this for Obsession.Shoes soon, but the functions of the two apps are the same!)
- Scroll through the recipes by flicking up with your finger. When it appears that you’ve reached the end, pull up on the last image and then release it and more recipes will load. So as not to use too much of your system memory, you can only scroll through the first 100 recipes (10 screens with 10 recipes each). This is why it is a good idea to make the In App Purchase, so that you can save recipes you like as you go, because you may have to use the search function to find it next time (see #5 below for how to make the In App Purchase).
- Next to some recipe titles, you’ll see a blue hashtag next to text (i.e. #thanksgiving, #dessert, #entree. You can touch the hashtag to see other recipes with the same hashtag.
- Some recipes have links to websites and blogs in their titles. You can click on them and go to that site in your device’s browser.
- If you see a recipe you want to share, tap the image and a red Share button will be at the top right of the screen. Tap that, and you’ll see options to share it via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, Tumblr, and many more.
- When in the Public Recipes List, below the recipe, you’ll see the user name of the poster, a heart button, which you should tap if you like the recipe, a thought bubble which you can tap to leave a comment about the recipe or a button with three dots.
- When you touch the button with three dots, you have two options. The first is to save it to your Recifoto Collection (there is a one time $0.99 in app purchase which allows you to save as many recipes as you like to your collections). The second allows you to flag a recipe image if you feel the image is inappropriate. We’ll then review it and determine if the recipe should be removed from the site.
- When you tap on the user’s name, you’ll go to their profile screen. you can choose to Follow them by tapping on the green tile, or tap on one of the red tiles to see a list of their recipes, a list of whom they are following, or a list of their followers. You can tap on the names of the recipes in the list to go to that recipe. If you tap on the names of the users in the Followers or Following lists, you’ll go to their Profile.
- The Second Tab – Search