ReciFoto is designed to work with iOS7 only. On some screens, the Cancel button does not seem to work, but you can just tap on the image and that will bring you back to where you were before.
This version of the app is pretty stable, but in the event you encounter problems, try the following: First try closing the app by double tapping the iPhone’s home button and swiping up on the Recifoto app. Then reopen the app.
If that does not work, try logging out using the Profile tab (fifth tab) on the bottom right of the screen.
If that does not work, try deleting the app from your phone and reloading it from the App Store, and log in again.
If that does not work, send us an e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!
After two months, we have 2122 downloads of ReciFoto from the iTunes App Store, and 660 recipes uploaded from users, so we’re off to a good start! During December, we’ve been working on a dedicated iPad version, and adding new features, and have even started work on the Android version.
Today, I would like to tell you about the In App Purchase, which allows users to add others’ recipes to their collection, for a one time $0.99 charge. On the first page or tab of the ReciFoto (the one that looks like a covered serving dish), tap on the red tile with three dots, and then tap on Save to Collection. After you’ve made the purchase and added recipes to your Collection, you can access them on the fourth tab (looks like a chef’s hat) by tapping the Collections tile at the top right.
Next time, we’ll talk about the hashtag (#) feature and popular searches.
Happy New Year to all!
ADD A RECIPE – THE THIRD TAB
The third tab looks like a camera. From here you’ll be able to take a picture of a recipe with your phone’s camera, or add it from your phone’s album.
- Tap on the Camera Tab and then, tap on the words Upload photo.
- You can choose Camera, to take a picture, or Album to add it from your phone’s album.
- If you choose Camera, snap a picture by hitting the big white dot. You can use a two finger pinch in or out to try to resize the photo and use one finger to try to move the image within the frame. If you don’t like the results of the photo, you hit Retake to try again. Otherwise tap on Use Photo.
- Tap the red bar at the top to add your title and optional hashtag. When you tap the title bar, the keyboard will come up on your screen. If you want the title to be in all capital letters, then double tap the up arrow first. The arrow will be white with a gray box around it. You can try to use the microphone by clicking the microphone icon next to the space bar to dictate the title. Once you’ve typed or dictated the title and optional hashtag, tap Return on the bottom right of the keyboard.
- At the bottom right of the screen you’ll see the switch to make your recipe Public (On) or Private (Off). The default position is off. You can always change it later.
- Then hit the Submit button at the top right of the screen, and you’re done. A message will pop up to tell you that your Recipe has successfully uploaded. Then tap OK.
- You can then upload another photo, or hit one of the other tabs.