The third tab looks like a camera. Here you’ll be able to take a picture of a recipe with your phone’s camera, or add it from your phone’s album. (We’ll update this for Obsession.Shoes soon, but the functions for both apps are the same).
- Tap on the Camera Tab and then, tap on the words Upload photo.
- You can choose Camera, to take a picture, or Album to add it from your phone’s album.
- If you choose Camera, snap a picture by hitting the big white dot. If you don’t like the picture, hit the Retake button and try again. Otherwise, you can choose to add a filter to the image, or just tap on Done
- Tap the red bar at the top to add your title and optional hashtag and an optional URL to your website or blog. You don’t need to add www before the web address. When you tap the title bar, the keyboard will come up on your screen. If you want the title to be in all capital letters, then double tap the up arrow first. The arrow will be white with a gray box around it. You can try to use the microphone by clicking the microphone icon next to the space bar to dictate the title. Once you’ve typed or dictated the title and optional hashtag and/or URL, tap Return on the bottom right of the keyboard.
- At the bottom right of the screen you’ll see the switch to make your recipe Public (On) or Private (Off). The default position is On You can always change it later.
- Then hit the Submit button at the top right of the screen, and you’re done. A message will pop up to tell you that your Recipe has successfully uploaded. Then tap OK.
- You can then upload another photo, or hit one of the other tabs.
- The Fourth Tab – My Recipes
The second tab looks like a magnifying glass. This is where you’ll be able to search for recipes by name. (We’ll update this for Obsession.Shoes soon, but the functions for both apps are the same).
- Just under the word search, there is a search box into which you can type in what you would like to find. If your search does not yield any results at first, try again, but type fewer letters as you or the person who entered the recipe may have misspelled the title.
- Below the search box, you’ll see recent popular searches. You can tap any of those words to see what comes up.
- Tap on any of the search results to bring up the Share button. Our next update will allow you to save a searched recipe to your collection.
- You can also Like or Comment on any of the searched recipes by clicking on the Heart or Speech Bubble. Clicking on the … will allow you to add a recipe to your collection if you have the In App Purchase, or Flag something as inappropriate.
- The Third Tab – Add a Recipe
The first tab looks like a covered serving dish, and it is there that you will find the public recipes posted by other users to share with everyone. We hope you’ll chose to share the recipes you post publicly, too! (We’ll update this for Obsession.Shoes soon, but the functions of the two apps are the same!)
- Scroll through the recipes by flicking up with your finger. When it appears that you’ve reached the end, pull up on the last image and then release it and more recipes will load. So as not to use too much of your system memory, you can only scroll through the first 100 recipes (10 screens with 10 recipes each). This is why it is a good idea to make the In App Purchase, so that you can save recipes you like as you go, because you may have to use the search function to find it next time (see #5 below for how to make the In App Purchase).
- Next to some recipe titles, you’ll see a blue hashtag next to text (i.e. #thanksgiving, #dessert, #entree. You can touch the hashtag to see other recipes with the same hashtag.
- Some recipes have links to websites and blogs in their titles. You can click on them and go to that site in your device’s browser.
- If you see a recipe you want to share, tap the image and a red Share button will be at the top right of the screen. Tap that, and you’ll see options to share it via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, Tumblr, and many more.
- When in the Public Recipes List, below the recipe, you’ll see the user name of the poster, a heart button, which you should tap if you like the recipe, a thought bubble which you can tap to leave a comment about the recipe or a button with three dots.
- When you touch the button with three dots, you have two options. The first is to save it to your Recifoto Collection (there is a one time $0.99 in app purchase which allows you to save as many recipes as you like to your collections). The second allows you to flag a recipe image if you feel the image is inappropriate. We’ll then review it and determine if the recipe should be removed from the site.
- When you tap on the user’s name, you’ll go to their profile screen. you can choose to Follow them by tapping on the green tile, or tap on one of the red tiles to see a list of their recipes, a list of whom they are following, or a list of their followers. You can tap on the names of the recipes in the list to go to that recipe. If you tap on the names of the users in the Followers or Following lists, you’ll go to their Profile.
- The Second Tab – Search